About our Trust
The Alice Ruggles Trust is a Registered Charity, no. 1175316.
Our mission statement
The Alice Ruggles Trust exists to raise awareness of coercive control and stalking, to ensure that relevant legislation is effective and adhered to, and to bring about lasting improvements in the management of perpetrators and the protection of victims.
We aim to prevent what happened to Alice happening to others, by:
- raising awareness of coercive control and stalking and their dangers;
- working to ensure that stalking offences result in immediate action both to protect the victim and to deal effectively with the perpetrator;
- providing education and training;
- campaigning for improved legal measures; and
- supporting relevant research.
About our logo
Our logo was designed by Paul Johnson of PJD, based in the Leicestershire village of Tur Langton, where Alice grew up.
Why the turtle? Simply because Alice loved them. They have become a symbol among her family and friends of everything we are trying to achieve in her name. The turtle on the logo was designed by Alice's cousin Reece Hills.
What's behind the strapline? A fundamental principle. Stalking has to become universally recognised for the very serious crime that it is, something that must never be allowed to continue.