Alice was just 24 when she was murdered by an ex-boyfriend after a relentless stalking campaign. Four years on, we are asking you to remember Alice by entering our 24 Challenge to raise awareness and support the Alice Ruggles Trust.
Your challenge can be anything as long as it involves the number 24. You could, for example, walk 2.4 miles every day for 24 days, or make and sell 24 cupcakes. Or how about running 24 km and getting 24 friends to run one of those kilometres with you? Almost anything goes!
Some of the ideas people have already come up with:
- Amy is uploading 24 TikToks for 24 days
- Charlotte is running 24 5ks in the 24 days of advent, joined by 24 friends
- Garima will be running and cycling a total of 240 km in January 2021, joined virtually by 24 friends
- Hattie is running 24k on Alice’s birthday (December 24) this year
- Jim is walking 24 miles
- Melanie is spreading awareness of the Trust to 24 different countries/states using wish bracelets with a turtle charm
- Nicky ran 24 miles in one week
- Olivia (in Australia!) is swimming 1 km a day for 24 days, finishing on Alice's birthday
- Rachael is running for 24 minutes on 24 days between November 24 and December 24
- Sue walked around 24 Leicestershire villages
- Trish is persuading 24 of her friends to take (and pass!) an exam on golfing rules
How to enter the challenge
First, think up what you'd like to do. Then set your own fundraising target! Then register using the button below (we're asking for a modest registration fee — you guessed it, £24). Finally, let us know what you're doing, what your target is, and whether you'd like us to mention your challenge on the Trust website. Do consider setting up a fundraising page (for example on GoFundMe, JustGiving or GoldenGiving).
From there on in it's down to you!! Just let us know when you've completed your challenge, send us a picture or two, and we’ll send you one of our magnificent challenge medals.
The deadline is 30 Sep 2021, so there’s plenty of time to complete your challenge. On that evening we’ll hold an informal event on-line where people can come together and exchange stories. We’ll be giving awards for the most money raised, the most original idea, and maybe more...
Choose your own 24 challenge now and help us in our work to bring stalking to an end.