National Stalking Awareness Week 2023 (April 24–28, 2023)
This year’s theme, ‘Supporting Young People’, was very close to our hearts here at The Alice Ruggles Trust. It is our ambition to raise awareness of stalking amongst under 25s and we were delighted the rest of the stalking sector joined us this National Stalking Awareness Week.
This annual campaign week is one of the most important events in the Trust’s calendar and a huge opportunity for raising awareness of stalking.
We had a full week of activities, resource launches, partnerships, talks and much more, including:
- Monday saw the launch the 2023 campaign and our social media output focused on how to get involved in raising awareness of such an important issue.
- Victoria spoke at the Suzy Lamplugh Trust conference on Tuesday, where the findings from their research about young people and stalking were launched.
- On Wednesday, we launched our ‘How to Report’ guidance and diary template, created in partnership with Paladin, and we held a Q&A on Instagram.
- Clive spoke on Monday and Thursday at sessions for Metropolitan Police officers who work predominately with young people, to upskill them about stalking.
- On Friday, we presented the courageous story of Joey, a young person who was a victim of stalking, as the first in our new podcast series.